Innovation: MAIA-TAQA and NEX-LABS projects sign m
June 15, 2021
Innovation: MAIA-TAQA and NEX-LABS projects sign memorandum of
understanding to reinforce synergies
MAIA-TAQA project aims to promote innovative resource efficiency services in
Mediterranean Partner Countries through the creation of an enabling environment
based on general model predictive control networks.
NEX-LABS project aims to support implementation of clean technologies
for sustainable and resilient increase of agri-food sector production based on a
more efficient use of energy (renewable/solar solutions) and water (wastewater
treatment, water harvesting or reuse solutions) in Model predictive control (MPC)
region thanks to contributions of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
sector (blockchain, IoT, AI, Machine Learning, Big Data
Having assessed the potential benefits of a coordinated collaboration
approach, both projects have agreed to co-operate under the conditions
established in the following activities:
- Institutional visits and missions
- Joint capacity building programs and activities
- Joint research activities, mapping of innovative technologies,
publications and stakeholders within water, energy and food sectors.
- Joint dissemination, outreach, benchmarking and communication of
projects activities progress and outputs
- Participation in seminars, workshops, innovation weeks, Mediterranean
researchers’ nights, participatory impact pathway events, focus groups and
brokerage events, summer school, idea generation programme, coaching and
training sessions as participants and speakers.
- Exchange of academic documentation materials, other information and
experts for focus groups, training events, etc…
Specific cooperation activities
- Support in the dissemination of project news, announcements and events
- Specific support in disseminating the vouchers and sub-grant
opportunities, providing visibility to avoid double funding and redress
unselected candidates to other project’s opportunities.
- Consolidate a database of Water, Energy and Food experts to further
develop the cooperation between projects.
- Active participation at parties events as invited speakers/audience
- Co-organisation of events to be held in 2021-2022
- Participation in regular clustering meetings together with other
standard and strategic projects.
pages to stay updated about our future synergy events.