| Entrepreneurship Training Program
June 4, 2021
Entrepreneurship Training Program
Calling All Dairy-Preneurs!
Are you an innovator, entrepreneur, university student,
researcher, industrialist, SME or NGO?
Are you working on Dairy Value Chain solutions in the dairy, ICT, or bio/nano
Berytech and ELCIM at IRI have issued a call for applications to select 20
candidates for admission to the Entrepreneurship Training Program under the
TRANSDAIRY project, financed by the programme ENI CBC “Mediterranean Sea Basin
Applications are open till June 30, 2021.
Entrepreneurship Training Program In Brief
As part of the Transdairy Living Lab activities, a series of Entrepreneurship
Training sessions will be implemented aiming at building capacity for
innovators, entrepreneurs and key enabling technology providers (KET) within the
Dairy Value Chain sector.
We are looking for “Dairy-Preneurs” who have a business idea or project that can
contribute to resolving one of the many addressed challenges in the Dairy sector
in Lebanon and contribute to this sector’s innovation and sustainability.
- Challenges on the Supply & Farming level: Such as poor hygiene &
cleaning care systems, poor milk preserving practices on small farms level,
lack of local production of feed & drugs, lack of technology equipment &
software to increase cattle and small ruminants’ life span & productivity,
- Challenges on the Processing level: Such as the heating and pasteurizing
increased costs due to low quality milk supply, fluctuations of processed
cheese quality due to varying qualities of milk supply, high electricity
- Challenges on the Quality Control level: Such as the lack of qualitative
analysis of milk & of the dairy end products, non-compliant storage
conditions on the suppliers/retailers level etc.
- Challenges on the Packaging level: Such as the high costs of imported
packaging, the lack of recyclable/reusable packaging solutions, poor
packaging conditions which may impact product quality, etc.
- Challenges on the levels of Storage & Distribution, Export, Marketing &
For 20 potential Dairy-Preneurs
€200 voucher to use for the initiation of the project
|Open Day & Networking
Participating in the Transdairy Open Day
Key Benefits & Opportunities For Participating Dairy-Preneurs
Access to the Entrepreneurship Training that is fully funded by the EU under the
ENI CBC Med Programme
- Receiving a set of entrepreneurship skills and know-how by top notch
experts, including technical and practical guidance, developing a business
model, developing market and commercialization strategies, learning about
intellectual property, technology protection, technical applications in the
Dairy Value Chain, funding opportunities, prototyping, and pitching
- Receiving a €200 voucher to use in a way that supports the initiation of
the project (such as creating a prototype, design & marketing, business
- Participating in the Transdairy Open Day event to pitch the solutions,
exhibit, and network with industry experts and potential investors
Access to the TRANSDAIRY regional online collaborative platform which
features a database of Dairy Value Chain regional demand and offer and allows
communication and networking among regional innovators, suppliers, partners,
prospective clients, etc.
Invitation to participate and benefit from the subsequent
TRANSDAIRY activities for 2021 and 2022, which include:
- Cross Border Brokerage Events (matching innovators with innovation
seekers on a regional level)
- Specialized Trainings on innovation management, benchmarking, technology
- Call for cross-border spin-off establishments in the Dairy Value Chain
with 10,000 € vouchers
We are calling for researchers, innovators, scientists, engineers, technicians,
industrialists, students, instructors and professors who fit the following
- Individual participants must be resident in Lebanon
- Preference for women, participants under 35 years old, students,
farmers, holders of experience in the Dairy Value Chain
- Participants must have an idea, innovation or research project
addressing the Dairy Value Chain opportunities
- The project should have an activity in Lebanon. If the entity is
set, its legal entity must have an operative seat in Lebanon or a
demonstrable activity in the Dairy Value Chain in Lebanon
- Project ideas should demonstrate economic viability and combine
innovation, sustainability and potential for scalability
- Projects should have at least a proof of concept (a realization of a
certain method or idea in order to demonstrate that the concept or
theory has practical potential)
July 2021 | 3:30pm – 7:00pm
|20 participants will be selected to participate in a 6-day
intensive virtual bootcamp. The bootcamp’s program consists of fully
funded sessions by the EU under the ENI CBC Med Programme, providing
the participants with a set of entrepreneurship skills and know-how,
and access to:
- Receive technical and practical guidance and interaction
- Develop their own business model
- Learn about intellectual property
- Develop their commercialisation and market strategy
- Develop a process for technology protection
- Learn about basic financial modelling and funding
- Address sustainability and CSR practices in the Dairy Value
- Prepare their pitch to present it to experts and potential
The participants will also each receive a voucher of €200 to use
in a way that serves the initiation of their project (such as
creating a prototype, design & marketing, business consultancy,
July 2021 | During the Open Day
|A Pitching session will be scheduled during the TRANSDAIRY Open
Day and dedicated to the 20 participants who joined the
Entrepreneurship Training Program.
Those participants will have an opportunity to pitch their solutions
to a panel of experts and receive professional feedback. They will
also have the opportunity to virtually exhibit their solutions and
network with DVC experts and potential investors.
|TRANSDAIRY is a project funded by the European Union under the
ENI CBC Med Programme to grow innovation and entrepreneurship
opportunities in the Dairy Value Chain and empower this ecosystem in
the Mediterranean. The project will use the open innovation and
living lab methodology to bring stakeholders together including
researchers, industry players, SMEs, representatives from the public
sector, entrepreneurs, to exchange best practices, collaborate
together and implement Key Enabling Technologies and solutions
applied to the Dairy Value Chain.
Throughout this project, Berytech and ELCIM at Industrial Research
Institute (IRI) will be facilitating the setup of Innovation Living
Labs, supporting the development and financing of innovation and
entrepreneurship projects, and enable matchmaking and collaboration
opportunities between different stakeholders in the Dairy Value
Chain in Lebanon and the Mediterranean.
Learn more here.
The Project In Numbers
- Duration: 30 months
- The total budget of the project is €3.8 million with an EU
contribution of €3.4 million (90%).
- Main source of funding: European Union (ENI CBC Med
Need More Info?
If you have any questions about the Transdairy Program, please contact: